(As summarized by Harry Smith, The Anthology Of American Folk Music) "TAKE PARTNERS, PROMENADE. GOING BACK TO BALTIMORE. MISTREATED WITH KNIFE AND FORK. GOOD BYE, FARE YOU WELL, THAT'S ALL RIGHT, CALL THE LAW. COME GO WITH ME." (8)
Information On This SongEdit
The tune to this Dance Song is a traditional one, starting with Square Dance Calls and later being replaced by the early Song Construction Style used by African-Americans during the late 19th century.
Albums Featuring This SongEdit
- The Anthology Of American Folk Music
- Texas Worried Blues (album)
- Henry Thomas (album)
- Broadcasting The Blues
- Southern Country Blues
- Across The Tracks
- The Cornshucker's Frolic (album)
- Ragtime Texas, Complete Recorded Works
- Henry Thomas Sings The Texas Blues!